Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

homer and solo shots by Reynolds

• December 16, 2019 2:54 AM EST

GOODYEAR, Ariz. Air Jordan 1 From China . -- No bushy bonding in Cincinnati this season. The Reds want players to keep their beards and their locks in check. First-year manager Bryan Price wants players hair and beards to be neatly kept this season, in line with the teams policy on appearances. A few of the Reds have long hair and beards. Starter Johnny Cuetos hair still covers his name on the back of his jersey. Price is fine with it. "Our initial policy was facial hair was fine, but just keep it under control," Price said on Saturday. The Boston Red Sox made long, scraggly beards their identity last season on their way to a World Series championship. Boston players shaved them off after the season, with several players donating the hair for charity fundraisers. The Reds were known for their strict hair and appearance policies in the 1970s and 1980s. They insisted that players stay clean-shaven and show their red stirrups in uniform. When reliever Jim Kern wanted a trade during the 1982 season, he grew a beard in violation of the teams policy and was sent to the White Sox. The policy even applied to the media guide. When the Reds got infielder Wayne Krenchicki, they only photo available showed him with a moustache. The team covered up the moustache in the media guide photo. Price has no desire to go back to those days. "I dont think youre going to be terribly successful sitting there trying to turn the clock back on the clubhouse too far," Price said. He plans to meet with some of the teams leaders when the position players report for their first workout on Monday and get their thoughts about some proposed rules. All teams have policies on whats expected of players. "I dont think theres anybody in there thats looking to turn this place into Fantasy Island and go crazy in there," Price said. "I think everyone likes to understand what the rules are and where the lines are drawn. But I think its something worth discussing with the players instead of mandating them unilaterally." Fake Air Jordan 1 . Kevin Martin and Kevin Love paced the Timberwolves like they do so often. Martin had 27 points with some key baskets down the stretch, Love had his usual double-double, and the Timberwolves snapped a three-game losing streak with a 112-106 victory Saturday night over the suddenly slipping Dallas Mavericks. Air Jordan 1 Outlet . Listen to the Raptors vs. Jazz live tonight on TSN Radio 1050 at 9pm et/6pm pt. The Raptors are 1-1 so far on the five-game junket after defeating Denver and losing to Portland.MILWAUKEE -- Pitcher Yovani Gallardo delivered a pinch-hit double that drove home the winning run with two outs in the 10th inning Tuesday night, foiling Baltimores strategy and sending the Milwaukee Brewers over the Orioles 7-6. With the pitchers spot on deck and knowing Milwaukee was out of position players, the Orioles intentionally walked power-hitting Mark Reynolds with two outs and no one on base in the 10th. Brewers manager Ron Roenicke then sent up Gallardo -- a starting pitcher who was 1 for 14 this season -- to bat for reliever Francisco Rodriguez (2-1). Gallardo drove a 2-0 pitch from T.J. McFarland (0-1) to deep centre field to win it. Reynolds earlier hit his 12th homer. The Brewers blew an early 5-0 lead, but tied it at 6 with two outs in the ninth on an infield single by Jonathan Lucroy. Lyle Overbay singled to open the ninth and Jean Segura sacrificed pinch runner Elian Herrera to second. Ryan Brauns ground out sent Herrera to third, and he scored when Lucroy hit a chopper and barely beat third baseman Manny Machados throw to first. The Orioles took a 6-5 lead in the seventh on pinch hitter Steve Pearces three-run homer. Nelson Cruz hit his major league-leading 17th homer in the Baltimore fifth. He walked to open the seventh, and an error by Segura on his flip from shortstop set up Pearces homer off Matt Garza. The Brewers, who blew a 6-4 lead in the ninth inning on Monday and lost to the Orioles in the 10th, powered their way to early lead. Wholesale Air Jordan 1. Carlos Gomez hit a three-run homer and solo shots by Reynolds and Khris Davis, all off starter Wei-Yin Chen, made it 5-0 through the fourth. NOTES: Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez, on the disabled list since May 13 with a left hamstring injury, fielded grounders before the game. "It felt good. I took like 20-25 groundballs," he said. "I am going to take it day by day and when I am ready, I am ready." ... Brewers reliever Jim Henderson, on the DL with inflammation in his right shoulder, received a cortisone injection. "Hopefully that clears it up a bit more," said Henderson, who experienced discomfort in his shoulder during his minor league rehab assignment on Friday. "We need to free it up and be pain-free and then well be good to go, really. Im going to just ice it and make sure the injection stays in there and does its work. Then we can get back to strengthening it and exercising again." ... Gomez extended his hitting streak to eight games. ... Lucroy doubled in the eighth to extend his hitting streak to nine games, the Brewers longest this season. ... Prior to the game, the Orioles activated 1B Chris Davis from the paternity list and optioned C Steve Clevenger to Triple-A Norfolk. Davis went 0 for 4. ' ' '